I made these cupcakes today and they’re so divine! I’m embarrassed at how easy these cupcakes are to whip up and they take just 15 minutes to make. It’s gooey, chocolatey and the perfect dessert for a party, afternoon tea or just for a snack!
YIELD: 12 cupcakes PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 100g or 7Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs at room temperature
- 100g Dark Chocolate, melted
- 4 Tbsp Nutella + 1/2 cup
- 1 cup whole roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- On a double boiler melt the Dark Chocolate on medium heat. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar till it becomes pale and fluffy.
- Once fluffy, add the eggs one a time mixing well before the next addition. Add the cooled melted dark chocolate, 4 Tbsp of Nutella and mix well.
- Add the flour and pour half of the mixture in the cupcake ramekins. Add 2 hazelnuts in each cup and top it off with the rest of the mix.
- Bake the cupcakes for 9-10 minutes till the top is not shiny. Do not OVERBAKE as the centers won’t be gooey.
- Remove the cupcakes and let it cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, frost each cupcake with a tablespoon of Nutella and a few roasted hazelnuts.