I don’t know how to describe this recipe, the consistency is a cross between a pudding and a soufflé, spudding for short. It’s airy, pillowy and just melts in your mouth. It’s embarrassingly easy to make and the end result is so glamorous, you’ll thank me for it.
YIELD: 8 servings PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 6 hours
- 1 tin canned pineapple chunks
- 12 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp gelatin powder
- 400ml cream
- 1 cup of water
- Separate the pineapple chunks from the sugar syrup and keep in a bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, add the pineapple sugar syrup along with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the gelatin powder to the syrup and stir until dissolved. Once dissolved, let it cool before refrigerating for about 3-5 hours until it sets.
- Once set, scoop out the jelly mixture into a blender and blend it until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the cream to the mixture and mix well. Add the pineapple chunks and pour into individual molds. Let the mixture set for 4 hours before serving it.