I made these for my boyfriend who’s crazy about scones and he loved it. It’s simple, easy to whip up and tastes delicious. You can have it on its own or the traditional way with jam & cream. So tasty, so easy!
YIELD: 8 scones PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 20 minutes
For the Dough:
- 2 cups Flour
- 8 Tbsp Butter, cold
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Milk/Cream
- 1 large Egg
For the Jam:
- 2 cups Strawberries/Raspberries/Blueberries/Cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar/honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F. In a bowl, combine the flour along with the baking powder and soda. Grate the cold butter into the flour. Using your hands rub the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and the milk together. Pour the liquid into the flour mixture little by little until it starts to form a wet sticky dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough until it’s 1/2 an inch thick. Cut the dough into circles and sprinkle with some sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the scones are baking, add the berries to a saucepan along with the sugar and lemon juice. On low to medium heat cook the berries for 10-15 minutes. Turn the heat off and let cool.
- Serve the freshly baked scones with jam, fresh fruits, and cream.
Note: The scones can be stored for 3-4 days at room temperature. The jam stays fresh for a week once refrigerated.