This is not the healthiest muffin recipe you’ll find but they taste exceptional and are perfect to make on a weekend before the start of yet another tiresome week. They aren’t overly sweet and every mouthful provides the perfect balance between the sour strawberries and bitter-sweet dark chocolate! Need I say more?
They can be made well in advance and stay fresh at room temperature for 3-4 days and can be kept frozen for 3 months.
YIELD: 12 muffins PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. In a bowl, whisk the egg along with the sugar until it’s creamy. Add the melted butter and cream and whisk until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour and the baking powder. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Add the strawberries and dark chocolate chips. Do not Overmix!
- Pour the batter into a lined muffin tray and bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove the muffins from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Note: For a healthier option, switch butter with coconut oil and sugar with honey.