Forgive the extra e’s but this recipe truly deserves it! Potatoes are my favorite vegetable of all time and when paired with cheese there’s no way you can go wrong.
This is my definition of comfort food and it’s the perfect recipe to try on a cold snowy afternoon. It’s extremely easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients sitting in your pantry. Give it a go and you’ll fall in love with it like I did!
YIELD: 5 servings PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6-7 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella or any other cheese
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce
- In a medium sized saucepan, fry the chopped bacon until nice and crispy. Remove from heat and place on a tissue paper.
- In the leftover grease, fry the chopped onions till soft. Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Once the stock comes to a boil, add the chopped and peeled potatoes. Boil the potatoes for 20-25 minutes till they’re soft.
- With a masher, mash the potatoes in the soup till the liquid becomes thick and chunky ( I like it chunky but you can use a blender if you like the soup to be smooth ).
- Add the cheese, milk and the adobo sauce along with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes before serving with crisp bacon and sour cream.